Leicester is fortunate to have a diverse range of services and teams with a wealth of experience and expertise working to prevent and deal with the consequences of homelessness. Some services have been around for many years whilst others have developed in recent years and months. The Covid-19 pandemic has had an impact on all of these services and has posed significant challenges. Across the city, excellent partnership working and relationships between agencies has led to positive outcomes for people experiencing homelessness, in what has been a most challenging environment. As we recover out of the pandemic, Leicester’s Homelessness Charter is pleased to be starting some new work to engage with Leicester’s day services and provide opportunities for the sector to reflect, collaborate and continue with shared vision and purpose.
The aim of this piece of work is to;
- Build on existing networks to create a space for groups/individuals involved in day centre and food provision to come together
- Improve connections between existing providers and expedite linking in of new providers to ongoing work
- Develop a shared vision of day centre provision for the city, including input from a wide range of stakeholders
- Support groups to consider how innovation and reshaping of services may improve impact
- Increase the representation of lived experience voices within service design and development of day centre and food services
- Improve the resources available to groups delivering day centre and food services and to provide up to date Covid-19 operating guidelines
- Map existing provision to support the identification of gaps in service
The work will be shaped by participants and we are keen that the vision and next steps are owned by those who contribute to creating them. Alongside this work, the Charter is working with Dear Albert to increase the voice of lived experience and it is hoped that the voices of those who have experienced homelessness will feed into this project too.
We are delighted to be working with Tasmin Maitland of Teasle Consulting who will be facilitating meetings with service providers and leading group workshops in the coming months. This work is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
If you are running a day service in Leicester and would like to contribute to this work please email email@example.com